‘Realising potential and enriching the lives of the people of Croydon’
The purpose of The Hive will be to benefit the community as follows:
- the prevention or relief of poverty by providing financial assistance or services to individuals in need and/or charities or other organisations working to prevent or relieve poverty;
- the advancement of education by providing facilities, classes, courses and training for children and adults with the aim of promoting lifelong learning;
- the relief of sickness and the preservation of health in persons suffering from mental or physical illness or addiction of any description through the provision of services, financial assistance, support, education, advice, spiritual guidance and/or advocacy;
- for the benefit of the public in the Borough of Croydon, or elsewhere in the United Kingdom as the Trustees see fit.
Our values revolve around the following key principles:
- To operate in an environment where each and every person who comes in contact with The Hive feels respected and valued, welcoming diversity reflecting the social profile of the Croydon conurbation;
- To promote the common good and community, accepting the responsibility to contribute, with others, to wider society for the common good of all people;
- Creating options for the poor. prioritising the needs of the poor and vulnerable in society;
- To support government subsidiarity through the functions of government being delivered at the lowest functional level where practicable.